In loving memory of Brian O’Connor: DI Team Member, MN DI State Advisory Board member, MN DI Trainer, MN DI Regional Director, MN DI Affiliate Challenge Master, DI Global Finals Scheduler. You will be missed more than words can convey.
Details of services for Brian can be found at:
CONGRATULATIONS TO ALL OUR 2014 MN DI TEAMS, and thank you for your amazing performances at our Regional Tournaments. We loved seeing every single one of you!
For those teams going on to the State Tournament, please be sure to register by this Friday’s deadline, March 28. You can find the interactive State Tournament Registration form under the Tournament Information tab on this website.
Everyone is invited to come to the State Tournament! Come celebrate our creative teams’ solutions to this year’s DI Challenges on April 12 at Jackson Middle School in Champlin, MN.
Questions? Call Pamela at 763 550 7212 or email email@example.com.
Innovation for Education - Register Today!
Ignite 2014 Conference:
We are excited to announce that registration for the 2014 Destination Imagination annual conference, Ignite: Innovation for Education, is now open!
This year’s conference will bring together colleagues who value the importance of 21st century skills, enriching conversation, and a passion for ensuring that students all across the world have the opportunity to learn invaluable skills needed to succeed in life and fuel the economies of tomorrow.
Ignite workshops will address an array of topics ranging from fundraising strategies to strategic planning for the DI Challenge Program to creating strong partnerships with school districts. We will also host a variety of workshops designed specifically for educators, including workshops that address teaching project management skills to students, engaging learners through technology, and implementing creativity and critical thinking in the classroom.
Ignite 2014 will be held in Dallas, TX from July 24-26. Any volunteer or educator interested in the core principles of Destination Imagination is encouraged to attend.
This year’s conference will consist of two parts: the Volunteer Conference and the Educator Conference. Volunteer Conference will begin Thursday night, July 24, with a welcome event and reception. On Friday, July 25, workshop sessions will provide training for all of the various volunteer roles within the Destination Imagination Program: Affiliate and Regional Directors and Board Members, Challenge Masters, Challenge Developers, School Coordinators and Team Managers. The Educator Conference on Saturday, July 26, will feature experts from around the world in innovative and creative teaching methods for the classroom and informal educational settings. Ignite 2014 is a conference you don’t want to miss!
Workshop topics will include:
- Creating strong partnerships with your school district
- Fundraising for small nonprofits
- Strategic marketing and PR
- Strategic planning for our program
- Important education issues for the non-educator
- Volunteer engagement and management
- Working with underserved communities
- New Affiliate Director training
- Teaching project management skills
- Board development
- Managing a team from the first meeting to Global Finals
- Developing teams with the WOW factor
Workshop topics will include:
- Project-based learning and meeting your district and state requirements
- Pursuing rigor through meaningful creativity
- From blocking to leveraging social media
- Playful learning
- Engaging technology in the classroom
- Creating innovative thinkers
- Engaging all learners
- Using academic competitions to reach your classroom goals
- Teaching project management skills in the classroom
- Exemplary 21st century learning: What does it take?
- Deeper learning through global collaboration projects
- Creativity and critical thinking for pre-K through 2nd grade students
For full registration details on the IGNITE 2014 Conference, please click here.
To access the Registration Form, click here.
Please note: Registrants will be able to sign up for breakout sessions beginning in mid-April.
Tournament Results Posted!
Tournament results can be seen under Tournament Information here on our website, and on our facebook page - www.facebook.com/minnesotaDI. Best of luck and fun to all our teams as they perform at their Regional Tournaments this season!